We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Both in school, in the park and in any other environment where social interaction occurs between children, the unfortunate circumstance can occur in which one child makes fun of another. This undoubtedly must be corrected by the parents of the little one who makes fun, since emotional education, values and respect for others begins at home.
There are parents who when they find out that their child is the one who is making fun of it, they do not give it more importance because it is not their child 'who suffers'. This attitude, although not the usual, when it occurs, is undoubtedly at least unfortunate.
We give you the guidelines for teach the child not to make fun of others.
The reality is that the child who teases is the one who really feels weaker and who is surely the most cowardly, but he has to put on a mask of harasser to be able to feel good. On many occasions, the child who teases does so because he does not feel good about himself and he may also do it because it is the behavior he has seen and learned from home.
The usual thing is to think that the negative consequences are only for the child who receives the teasing, that although he also suffers it, the mocking child also suffers consequences.
If adults do not intervene in these serious situations, the child who teases will have consequences so serious in its development such as:
- Bad learning at school
- Bad social skills
- Increased aggressiveness
- Increased personal insecurity
- Increased low self-esteem
- Increased ignorance regarding norms and social behavior
To teach children not to tease others, you have to work from home and be consistent so that the child understands that it is a totally unacceptable behavior in any circumstance and that at home it is not accepted, so you will have to take it very seriously.
- Work empathy. It is very important that children learn through emotional education what empathy is, since it is essential for them to understand how others feel when they are being teased.
- Positive reinforcement. Positive reinforcement is always more successful for behavior change than negative reinforcement, for this reason, look for when your child is behaving well and do not hesitate to congratulate him for it.
- Be the best example. If you want your child not to make fun of others, it is obvious that you will never have to make fun of someone without the other person being in front and less with the presence of your child. Respect for others starts with you.
And of course, do not hesitate to give your child real love and affection, because in this way he will feel loved and will not have the need to remove his insecurity and his aggressiveness with the rest of the people.
You can read more articles similar to How to teach the child not to make fun of others, in the Securities category on site.