Finding the perfect study method for children is very difficult, as we cannot generalize. Each little one requires study strategies that fit their way of being. In this way, the study will be more effective and interesting for the little ones. On this occasion, and based on the classification made by Hippocrates, we seek very effective study techniques for melancholic children study better. These are the very sensitive, introverted and dreamy little ones.
Let's start by defining these young people considered melancholic. In this way, you will be able to know if your child is one of them and, therefore, if the strategies that we propose below are valid for him.
- These young people have a very high sensitivity. They are usually children who take all their emotions and manage to chew them feeling the taste of each one of them. This makes them more predisposed to depression.
- They have a very high level of care and low reactivity to environmental stimuli.
- They have a very high analytical capacity and like to weigh all the options before deciding on one.
- They are usually introverted on many occasions, however, they can also act outgoing. They do not jump into meeting people easily as they prefer to let people come to them.
- They are loyal, so you can trust them when you are lucky enough to have their friendship.
- These are persistent children, who comply with everything they set out to do. Although they do not usually have much initiative to embark on new adventures.
- They tend to like everything related to art.
Now let's see some study strategies more appropriate for your personality:
1. Preparation of summaries
Melancholic people, due to their personality, are capable of elaborating their own reflections and synthesis on the content that corresponds to them. For the same reason, subjects that have a lot of text it is necessary to occupy this strategy in order to understand and understand the specific subject.
2. Establish relationships
Being able to reflect and meditate on the content makes you capable of generating links between the content and your life in particular. This technique allows you to get emotionally involved and thus not only understand but also understand the subject you must study.
3. Develop problems or questions
This strategy requires analysis and a lot of creative reflection. For this reason, this personality structure feels very comfortable occupying this path of learning.
4. Concept maps
This strategy helps various temperaments, but for the melancholic it is very significant. Concept maps not only allow you to relate and analyze, but they are themselves very creative.
These study techniques respond to the academic competencies that are more consistent with this type of temperament: the understanding of the contents, the analysis and the relationship of these with personal experience and the development of different didactics.
These are, in short, the competences to be filled by melancholic people. These children do not require so much planning, or performing theatrical about history or mathematics, but must guide their work to internalize and meditate on what they are reading.
At the end of the day, as the artist Arturo Duclos points out, 'I believe that melancholy is the mad state of art. Of revelation and inspiration. It's Hamlet with the skull in his hand. ' And it is that I believe that this temperament allows -within madness and grief- inquire and discover the very richness of this world; allowing to see how the same learning is experienced in the same meditation and search for meaning.
You can read more articles similar to Very effective study techniques for sensitive and introverted children, in the On-site Learning category.